Top 5 Ways of Generating Content for Blogs
Every online marketing effort requires great content, even small business marketing. Great content generates an audience, an audience increases your visibility to search engines and that translates to traffic to your site. According to the 2012 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends, content marketing continues to be the top priority for marketing professionals, this year. The report said that the nine out of ten organizations today use content for marketing their products or services. On an average, marketing professionals allocate over 25% of their annual marketing budget for content. Furthermore, posting articles or blogs and social media are amongst the most used tactics and are critical to successful online management. One important thing to keep in mind when generating new content for your blog is you need to gear your efforts towards improving organic visibility. Here in this article some of our experts at Brisbane Branding will take a look at some effective ways of generating content, as part of your online management strategy, to help you boost your website’s or blog’s conversion rate.
Tips on Generating Content for Blogs
Generating good quality and useful content is what ensures the success of your blog and long term effectivess of your small business marketing efforts. However, generating fresh and original content repeatedly can be quite a task. Here are some effective tips for generateing content as part of your online management strategy -
- Include Forums - Consider hosting a search engine friendly forum on your blog or website. Besides adding value to your blog through fresh user generated content, forums also tend to do quite well on search engine results pages for questions users ask. These forums can have discussions on any topic, right from health and food to games and travel – as long as they are relevant to your audience and your business.
- Use Articles for Answering Questions – Articles are a great way to answer questions and add value to your blog. Look for questions users are asking when researching for keywords and answer them through relevant articles. Answering questions that are useful for your audience also help to portray you as an expert in your domain. Consider posting articles that provide relevant and valuable information to your audience such as How Tos, Guides and Tips.
- Allow Customers’ Reviews - Allowing customers to review products or services and posting them on your blog is a great way of generating unique user generated content and if the reviews are good, you can even boost your conversion rates.
- Publish Top Lists – People tend to like lists a lot. So whenever you think it makes sense, add a top 10 list to your blog. Now these lists may be about anything, right from Top 10 Tips to Top 10 Mistakes, as long as the topic of the list is relevant to your business and useful for your target audience.
- Add Product Info, Video, Images - Adding content such as user generated reviews, small snippets of articles with links for the full article, images and videos will help increase conversions as well as boost search results by making your website’s product pages more unique as compared to other websites offering the same product. Besides that, putting up additional content on the blog may also help your pages end up in a larger number of search results.
Putting up unique, original, relevant and interesting content is the key to success when it comes to small business marketing. Don’t just copy any topic and begin writing about it. Make sure you spend some time researching and looking for relevant topics that are useful for your audience and add value to your blog.